It’s that time of the year again. Everyone is deciding on their New Year’s Resolutions! From losing to weight, to working out and quitting smoking, resolutions run the gamut. Instead of telling you the top resolutions, we’ve compiled a list of resolutions, not for you, but for your computer!
- Update Passwords. It may sound simple, but when was the last time you actually updated your passwords? If you change your passwords frequently the chances of someone hacking your account significantly decreases!
- Check Privacy Settings. Believe it or not privacy settings are not just for Facebook and Twitter! Make sure to check all of your privacy settings for ALL the services you use. And don’t forget to use the feature that allows you to see how your profile looks to the general public!
- Back Up Your Harddrive. In this fast-paced technology-savy generation, you most likely store your life on your computer. What would you do if you suddenly lost all of your files? You’d probably be devastated. Between hardware failure and data corruption, keeping a backup of your important files should be a top priority in 2012.
- Update Contact Information. While we don’t encourage you to reveal any personal information over the Internet – from your work address, home address, phone number, etc. – this is a good time to update information on your online banking profile or other secure accounts.
- Stay Up-to-Date. Update the latest versions on your operating systems, installed applications and anti-virus/security software. Neglecting to do so leaves you open to data-loss and other issues. (Source Nos. 1-5)
- If You Put it on the Internet, it’s There for Good. Once you put something on the Internet it stays there – virtually forever. Before you give away information over the net, take a minute to read the fine print and see what the site is going to do with it. Sure, reading the legal information is tedious, but it could be something you regret not doing later. In general, use this motto – Think Twice, Post Once. (Source)
And did we mention that Frontier offers PC Security for up to 3 computers in our Frontier Secure package? Frontier Secure is a holistic backup and security solution, designed to protect you from losing your data while maximizing your protections against computer viruses, malware, and spyware.